Wednesday 8 March 2017

Pioneer Comp 1994

I found some great old footage from the 1994 comp at The Pioneer Youth Club St Albans last week!

With no original audio I was torn between leaving it silent, or putting some tracks over it, resulting in the latter option.

Awesome atmosphere, amazing skating and one of my all time favourite comp runs ever, from Danny Wainwright. A casual pisstaking destruction of the course ending with throwing his board out the exit and walking off. Legendary!



I remember that Cates, Peter Martin and myself had matching home made saturday night fever t shirts for that day. Dan is a bit older and knew all the sponsored guys, so Peter and I, who were mere squirts at the time, loved it!

Batteries and tapes were expensive back then, especially for my 12 year old self! But with my friends and I taking turns behind the camera we managed to get a good portion of the action from that epic day in UK skate history.

No comments:

Post a Comment